The trend of digital nomad visas has gathered a big momentum in the entire world. A number of countries in the world have joined the bandwagon of digital nomad visas. Every other individual wants to become a digital nomad. Freelancers are spread everywhere in the world, and they prefer being digital nomads now because they have plenty of opportunities to get a digital nomad visa. The long list of countries offering digital nomad visas, another country has now entered into the list. Yes, Colombia Digital Nomad Visa has been launched now.
Details about Colombia Digital Nomad Visa
First, one should be aware of the definition of a digital nomad visa. Well, these visas are permits that let digital nomads (individuals/people who travel freely while they work remotely with the use of the Internet/technology, etc.) work remotely in a foreign country.
Digital Nomads usually work for an employer or company outside of their host country or they possess a business they can manage from anywhere in the world to qualify for this type of visa.
Coming back to Colombia Digital Nomad Visa, the country has officially launched this visa. The digital nomad visa in Colombia now appears to be one of the most accessible choices for digital nomads who want to move to a country where they can get affordability.
Colombia’s vibrant culture, low cost of living, and diverse landscapes make the country the best choice for digital nomads of the world. For those remote workers and entrepreneurs, who want to live abroad for a longer period of time, this visa happens to be a perfect choice.
Duration of Visa
The duration of a Colombia Digital Nomad Visa is up to 2 years. Digital Nomads who want to spend more than 6 months in Colombia can now apply for it.
Requirements to Apply for Digital Nomad Visa
- A valid passport from a country on the list of those countries which are exempted from requiring a short-stay visa.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of employment from their home country (or proof of self-employment).
- They need to demonstrate their earning of a minimum of €600 per month which can be proved through bank statements.
- Applicants should also provide proof of health insurance.
- If your income is more than this limit, and you are from a country that does not require a short-stay visa to enter Colombia like Canada, the United States, or the United Kingdom, and your plan to stay in the country for 6 months out of the year, there could not be any need to apply for digital nomad visa. You can make your stay in Colombia for up to 90 days which can further be extended to 180 days without any paperwork with an entry permit granted by the immigration authority.
Colombia is a renowned and beautiful country is South America. It offers opportunities for those who are interested in making their marks over there. Thus, if you come there with passion to excel, you may get opportunities. The digital nomad visa will provide you opportunities to do your freelancing works along with witnessing the beauty of the country, customs and people. Let’s explore the country now.
So, if you think you meet the requirements for Colombia Digital Nomad Visa, you may pack up your bags now to relocate to Colombia, a beautiful South American country.